Whatever business you make, the main goal of it is to make a profit. And to achieve this main purpose, marketing teams have a myriad of aspects to work at: attracting attention to the brand, engaging more customers, increasing brand awareness, and becoming an authority in the industry. How can they make this? How do they present your product or service to the world? Content marketing is the answer.
Content marketing is a form of marketing aimed at creating and distributing relevant content to a target audience through appropriate channels. The purpose is to generate leads, turn them into your customers, and build long-term relationships with your audience. That is the cornerstone of business marketing.
The best practice to start is to identify your customer’s pain points and needs. You should understand what issues you can solve and what answers you can provide to your clients. And after all, you will be able to find the best type or form of how you can help your customers. Here we come to the main topic of this article – what formats and types of content you can use to build a bridge between your audience and your business.
What Types of Content Marketing Exist
As we’ve already mentioned, content marketing starts with establishing customer needs. And then you can choose in what form you can communicate with your potential or actual users. There are plenty of ways: blog posts, landing pages, videos, whitepapers, infographics, emails, case studies, podcasts, guides, FAQs, photos, etc. So, let’s have a closer look at the most popular types of content marketing and figure out what purposes they serve.
A blog post is a classic type of content chosen by marketers to build brand awareness and increase engagement with customers. Up-to-date and high-quality blog posts can be a crucial element of the whole marketing strategy and bring the result you were aimed at.
This type of marketing content can address potential customers directly and increase brand loyalty and identification potential. It can serve various purposes, both entertaining and informative. Companies can promote their products through blogs, demonstrate the use cases, or solve other issues of potential customers.
There is a big number of paid and free platforms and tools to create your blog. Businesses can use various channels to share their blog content: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, and emails, or create it with a WordPress platform. Whatever channel you choose, follow some simple rules to make your blog marketing strategy more effective:
- Optimize your blog posts with popular keywords. Or you can get advice from SEO specialists.
- Publish your content regularly. Search engines appreciate this.
- Keep in touch with your audience. Inform them about new updates, news, promos, etc.
- Bring value to your customers. Create use cases, manuals, or other solutions that will be useful for existing and potential customers.
In the last years, the methods of content absorption have slightly changed, and video format has become one of the most popular. Content marketers couldn’t miss this channel of content distribution as well. According to the research, 87% of companies use video as a marketing tool. And there is a reason for this. Video content marketing simply works. It is the best method to engage and retain the audience.
Video marketing in figures:
- 87% of companies use video as a marketing instrument.
- 42% mostly use live-action videos, 33% use animated videos and 15% mainly use screencast videos.
- Tutorial videos are the most popular – 74%.
- 55% of video marketers create their videos in-house. This is cheaper, but the quality is not guaranteed, compared to specialized agencies.
- 87% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic.
- 81% of marketing specialists report an increase in sales after making video content a part of their marketing strategy.
- 88% of people say that they’ve decided to buy a product or service by watching a company’s video.
- People watch an average of 19 hours of online video per week.
- 88% of video marketers plan to include YouTube in their 2022 video marketing strategy.
Infographics are a visual way to present important information more effectively and creatively. Businesses create infographics to increase brand awareness and credibility, generate leads and increase online sales in a quick yet clear manner.
Engaging visuals help attract users and convey the right message to them without taking up too much of their time. Headers and pictures allow readers to concentrate on the core data you are presenting and explain difficult concepts or solutions in a simplified way. To create an attractive content marketing infographic, try to find a balance between charts, diagrams, headers, text, and images. Correctly chosen icons can also clear your message even without reading the text.
Infographics can help to achieve business goals like brand awareness. Just put the logo of your company or product on the image and make it shareable. Captivating visual content will make people share it with friends and colleagues.
Other Types of Content Widely Used in Marketing
We have presented the most popular types of content marketing used by marketers both in small startups and large companies. But the list does not end there. There are many other types of content marketing that can be easily combined with the abovementioned and bring many benefits to business owners:
- Case Studies. One of the best informative ways to explain how and why your product or service works. It allows the customer to see the journey from start to finish.
- Testimonials. Great way to motivate customers to interact with your product or service. People are more likely to buy an app if they see the opinions and thoughts of those who have already done it.
- Whitepapers. They can be used to provide your customers with fact-based research to prove your authority and back up your claims.
- Memes. If it is suitable for your brand and industry, memes are perfect to entertain your audience and make them interested in your message.
Why Use Different Types of Content Marketing
In developing a content marketing strategy the best practice is to combine the types of content most suitable in your industry. It’s not obligatory, but it can make a difference. The most important thing is to make it high-quality, relevant, and adequate for the message you want to deliver to your audience. Don’t let your customers get bored, find various distribution channels and stay regular.
The creation of high-quality content for marketing purposes can be a real challenge. Don’t hesitate to hire specialists and entrust this mission to a professional team. Grrrow.me can help you to find an approach to your target audience using various types of content. An ability to wisely delegate tasks will be your key to success.